Lake Charles-Lafayette, LA 85.5 mi.

We slept soundly till the 5:30 am wake up call that we'd never asked for, many others had the same situation and worse. There was an electrical problem with breakfast but we got the job done. Some of us were surprised to discover that there had been a thunderstorm and showers overnight.
Crawfish farm

We got on the road and headed out and found this low lying countryside and ditches just full of water. We were warned not to ride through the standing water in the roads, to portage our bikes. I think the worst had subsided and we did ride through what we found on the road, it wasn't very deep. We stopped and talked to a couple of ladies and found out that the rice fields that double as crawfish farms in the non-rice season and that the mystery crop was sugar cane.

Overflow ditches full of water
Overflow ditches full of water
I found a new saddle, but it weighs as much as my bike

Near the hotel we stopped at a busy bike shop, I found a new support bracket for my rack that had a crack in it and replaced it before dinner. The days fly by, after dinner my roommate Dolly and I patched tubes, I'd had another flat today as did a few others.